Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnacharger Bypass Switch with Dyno sheet.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnacharger Bypass Switch with Dyno sheet.

I was checking my dyno on my setup after finding my plugs getting blown out last time I was on the dyno. I tested my bypass switch that keeps my blower from pushing more boost. I installed a switch with a vacum system that prevents my bypass from closing. Here is my dyno. As you can see my AFR is alittle bonkers right now. I am going to address that in a week or so before I sell the setup and car. But anyway, thought I would share this. It could work with KB's, Maggie's and even ATI's. It uses a electrically actuated vacum switch with a resevour I got from Lingenfelter. At the flip of a switch I run on less then 2lbs of boost. The dyno shows my run with the swtich on and without it on.
Attached Thumbnails Magnacharger Bypass Switch with Dyno sheet.-damon.jpg  
Old 03-15-2008, 11:01 PM
FormerVendor

The LPE vac switch is only for the KB and maggy. They use this to vent the generated boost inside the blower housing. This is all internal so a ATI could not be used.

It is in effect a bypass valve that is built into the manifold. I believe on the KB it is external.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:02 AM
TECH Veteran

I know the LPE kit is specific for C5's only, and only for the Maggie per LPE's site and all. I am just assuming it could work because on my last procharger I had, the vortech bypass i had used a vacum source, much like the one that I have to use for my LPE Valet Kit. And since the procharger uses a vacum sourced bypass prior to the intake and MAF I figured it could work similar. Yes its not the same, but the function is similar i thought. The vacum holds the bypass open and the air is vented to atmosphere either internally with the Maggie and maybe KB ( i have heard of similar kits for the KB's) or externally prior to the intake with the ATI. I only assumed it would work no biggie.

I am using the GM part supplied with the LPE Kit, and the vacum tank. Ditching the MSD RPM adjustable switch that came with it and using a 12v manual switch to either have the bypass open/close normally or stay open all the time. I know LPE did it for thier S/C kits on the Vettes. I am just simplifing the install to make it work for me and thought I would pass it on to show what it does for me. I guess I should have said it differnetly and not included ATI or KB as a possible option. No prob.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:51 AM
Launching!

Thats a handy feature to have if others drive your car once in a while......A bit easier on the drivetrain for DD too.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Teching In

I have a Maggied GTO and i have realy been thinking about getting the bypass setup, Im thinking it could be used as a valet switch or as a failsafe for if meth fails. Would i be able to just get that kit and adapt it to work with the GTO? and would that be reasonable to use it as a failsafe like that?

Quick Reply: Magnacharger Bypass Switch with Dyno sheet.