Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnacharged 5.3 q`s

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnacharged 5.3 q`s

Hi

I am planning to put a 5.3Vortec and 4L60E into an older car (maybe a 67 Firebird convertible).
I have bought two engines that will come to Norway (where I live) I about a month or so.

They are both claimed to be 2006 model 5.3 Vortecs with 320hp

#1 has under 2000 miles on it. And it is supposed to come with the gas pedal assembly and fuel pump. It comes with stock computer and wiring harness.

#2 has around under 20000 miles on it and is a E-85 engine. And that one will also come with the gas pedal and fuel pump. It comes with a reworked wiring harness (Hotrod controls) and a computer programmed for 95 octane (most common in Norway)

The seller of engine #2 even included an extra reworked wiring harness and reworked computer (95 octane) for my #1 engine (that I bought from another place)
I have also bought two sets of Gen1 small block to Gen3 small block engine mount adapters.

Well… here is my plan so far….

I will sell engine #1 including the extra wiring harness and computer that I get with engine #2 to my brother or my father. So that engine and trans combo will go into either a 1967 Chevelle or a 1981 Chevy truck (that gets around 6 miles to the gallon now :O)
I think this will be a fun project to join for me as a firs timer on this conversion.

My plan with engine #2 is to Install it into my 1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible witch now has a 400engine and TH400 trans (or into something else if I sell the bird and buy some other cool old car)
On this engine I would like to add headers and dual 2.5 inch exhaust.
And I would also like to upgrade it with a Magnacharger Radix intercooled supercharger.

I am hoping to make 400rwhp with the supercharger and headers. Will I make it?

Should I go with another supercharger? KB, whipple or something else? (I like the Radix for to me it looks like I can keep the stock truck front accessories)

How tall will the Magnacharger be compared to the stock truck intake?

I think I can get the Radix for around $5000, will that make the biggest bang for the buck? (tq down low and good average hp) (except nitrous of course)

What about vacuum for the power brakes, how do I deal with that?

Is there something I haven’t thought about?

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will find much more informaion about 5.3's over on the performance trucks site

your questions will be much better answered over there.. since they have 5.3's.. and alot are using the radix kit

http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...play.php?f=159

Quick Reply: Magnacharged 5.3 q`s