Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Well I Clicked "Commit to buy" on the Ebay Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008 | 08:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by EvoByDarwin
Just found a kit that included the intercooler and purchased it. Once I get my parts I will start my own buildup thread.

FWIW, it will be going on a 393ci LS1 with fully ported 317 heads, TH350 and a 9". I have plans on running a MP-70 as well.

Given the size of the piping (downpipe specifically), this kit really isn't intended for larger than stock-inch applications...
Old 06-29-2008 | 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frost
Given the size of the piping (downpipe specifically), this kit really isn't intended for larger than stock-inch applications...
I get what your saying and have long ago decided that much is going to be scrapped on this kit. The only thing I need are the manifolds, crossover and possibly the intercooler. Everything else will be supplemented in as needed.

Dont worry, Im keeping a running tally of every single nut, bolt, washer and the like and will document it in my thread once the build starts along with dyno numbers (for those who live and die by the dyno) and I ASSURE much track time so at the end of the day we'll all know what it costs to build and what its capbable of performing with what parts I keep.

One point alot of the guys who already have turbo kits I think are missing is the fact that while we may or may not save money building the kit ourselves, theres just something about building something that most people wont try not to mention that its alot easier to stomach the cost of one $500-600 chunk at a time, than coughing up $4-5k all at once.
Old 06-29-2008 | 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by frcefed98
70mm is waaaaaay to small for a "393ci LS1"
Im not going to let the cat out of the bag quite yet, but Ive been involved in another build very similar with a 357ci mustang with the same MP70 that Im running and I assure you the results were extremely impressive.

Also keep in mind my 393ci motor is all stroke, its only a 3.905 bore.
Old 07-01-2008 | 09:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigBenz
500 to 550 puts you in a whole new world. Say byby to your bottem end. with FI on a LS1 making power isnt the problem. too much power is the problem.

60lb injectors. and i would look into the duel intank 255s. but you might need a return feed on the fuel line. Lots of hassle. Read the fuel upgrade that mightymouse wrote.

Odd I made 521 rwhp came only on 150 through a steel driveshaft, turbo 350 with a 3k verter unlocked and a 27" slick. Not to mention I stacked another 150 on it and it lived to see my single gt42 build and that was with 60k miles on the motor.
Old 07-01-2008 | 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im not going to let the cat out of the bag quite yet, but Ive been involved in another build very similar with a 357ci mustang with the same MP70 that Im running and I assure you the results were extremely impressive.

I still say its not going to be enough, but i've been wrong before
Old 07-01-2008 | 09:55 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds great for a truck. It's gonna suck when the turbo is all done at 4K RPMs though and back pressure is through the roof.
Old 07-30-2008 | 01:39 PM
Launching!
15 Year Member

Do not buy a cheap **** turbo or use the chinesse specials.. Last thing u would want is for the center sections to gernade and send metal shavings all through ur engine.. And NO a intercooler wont catch all the shavings.. Dont believe me u will when ur main bearings tell u that caught some with a knock knock knock.. Been there done that.

Quick Reply: Well I Clicked "Commit to buy" on the Ebay Turbo