Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

max power d1sc?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 02:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once called procharger and asked them if they offered helical gears for anything other than the p1sc/d1sc and they said flat out "no". The f-series have more aggressive impellers and are rated to a higher rpm than the p1/d1. That's where the extra output comes from. I'm not sure what makes an f1 able to spin faster but I'm guessing it's a lighter gearset, less rotating mass. There are aftermarket impellers for p1/d1 but the good looking ones are cast aluminum and are heavy. Already had one break apart on me and it was a disaster. It's hard to cnc the curved veins from billet but I'll figure it out soon enough.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:28 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I could have swore that the f1d was available with a quiet gear set.

Bob, what do you know of this?
Old 07-14-2015, 06:33 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

F1D isn't available with helical gear set.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

D1sc on a 365ci with a 7.65 crank pulley and 3.40 blower pulley i made 18# 798rwhp and 722rwtq through a Stalled Automatic/9-inch combo
Old 09-06-2015, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nkautz1
I once called procharger and asked them if they offered helical gears for anything other than the p1sc/d1sc and they said flat out "no". The f-series have more aggressive impellers and are rated to a higher rpm than the p1/d1. That's where the extra output comes from. I'm not sure what makes an f1 able to spin faster but I'm guessing it's a lighter gearset, less rotating mass. There are aftermarket impellers for p1/d1 but the good looking ones are cast aluminum and are heavy. Already had one break apart on me and it was a disaster. It's hard to cnc the curved veins from billet but I'll figure it out soon enough.

From what I gather. The reason the F1 can spin faster is that the compressor housing and impeller fabrication is different. I spoke with one of the techs and he told me the reason the 62000rpm limit is there is a safe margin for heat production. The impeller gets too hot causing expansion and can rub on the housing, destroying the blower. The F1 impeller for one is much more aggressive, made thicker and from a different material. Although he said for street application he himself would never get anything other than a D1. The F1 is significantly harder on an engine because of how the boost comes on. The D1 is a very smooth delivery.

Also he said to minimize heat and increase hp to remove the inlet. Add a velocity stack with stainless mesh and a oil soaked nylon sock over the stack for maximum flow. Also reduces heat. Just needs alot more maintenance than a filter. He also said the filter that comes with the kit os very restrictive and is only really good for stock engines running 7psi and under. upgrading the inlet on a modded engine can yield up to 100 extra hp. This i have confirmed for myself. I run a truck air filter that very barely fits under the hood. My hp went up significantly and my inlet air temp went down also. The limits of the D1 are also tied into how the engine is setup. Having meth injection changes how it can be tuned. You can get over 800whp easy on a D1 but looking at engine setup is where you should go and not just blower ypgrade
Old 09-06-2015, 10:57 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

One way to help keep the blower cool is to spray a little water/meoh into the blower.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

I would say to up the compression on your motor. Make the blower do less work. The days of intentionally lowering compression for boost are behind us.

Put a meth nozzle before and after the supercharger to cool the blower and the air charge (twice).

Quick Reply: max power d1sc?