Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

tranny cooler location?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tranny cooler location?

where is everyone putting there tranny cooler? i currently have mine mounted like most people in front of the condensor but im thinking that maybe hurting my cooling. the fmic pipes are in the way so i dont think i could mount it "dope" style.
thanks
Old 05-31-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02NBMFormula
where is everyone putting there tranny cooler? i currently have mine mounted like most people in front of the condensor but im thinking that maybe hurting my cooling. the fmic pipes are in the way so i dont think i could mount it "dope" style.
thanks
I hae mine this way and being I installed a turbo kit that only allowed one pusher and one puller I than moved it b/w the condenser and the rad. I like mentioned have the one pusher infront of the rad and will being installing another smaller rad inline with my A2W system and fan atached to it. So I guess you could say I got 2 pushers. I than sealed off the condensor and radiator completely on the sides, front, etc to aid in the air being able to push pull allot better. This along with my 160 thermostat should suffice. Once I get my 4l80e installed I will be completely deleteing the fatory cooler and lines and connecting AN fittings directly to the trans with the biggest cooler B&M makes. It will be instaleld underneath the car horizontally with no fan and I know a guy off this forum with this setup pushing 1000 rwhp. He can drive it to the track as is in any condition and run 9.05 and high 8's this year are coming! Full race weight, etc. So if he can do it this way its good enough for me, good luck!

- Mike