Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cometic phuzion gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cometic phuzion gaskets

Who here has experience with these Cometic Phuzion head gaskets? I purchased a set recently....they have not been opened and are looking at returning them.

I have had feedback that in boosted applications the "metal oring" has broken apart and ended up in the cylinder.

can you guys give me some real world feedback?

The problem I am going to run into is on the receipt they say they are non returnable.....I wish they told me this when I purchased them....also a 25% restocking fee....well they are in an unopened box.

It really gets to me when major items regarding a sale are not discussed when you purchase high end items like this. I have been a repeat customer of Cometic in the past and want to go back to the MLS cometic style. I will call them monday.....if they are not willing to waive the restocking fee and "non-return" policy that wasnt told to me when I made the purchase then I will never buy from them again.....we will see what happens

please post your gasket opinion.....please only respond if you have actually used the gaskets...no opinions please

Thanks for the replys
Old 06-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been running the cometic MLS on my boosted 408 and no problems yet.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We bought a set a few years back to try on our shop car though they ended up on a customers car that needed a set of gaskets. Both gaskets disentegrated between every cylinder on a 17psi pull. Seems their was not enough gasket material between the cylinders to back the rings, or the rings have very little radial strength of their own. (at the time they were only available in a very big bore size)

Not sure if their have been any updates to the design but we will not be using them.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[The problem I am going to run into is on the receipt they say they are non returnable.....also a 25% restocking fee....
If they are not returnable, what is the 25% restocking fee for?

Quick Reply: Cometic phuzion gaskets