Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

4l80e guys some questioins..

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 4l80e guys some questioins..

I can of course search but have done a fair bit of it lately so would rather just ask a few questions.

I am going 4l80e made up my mind. I have most of the swap stuff figured out I think. I need new crossmember, possibly want/need to get new flexplate looking at the tci one. Want yank py 3400 e stall hear that should work good.
Just bought new auto upper console today off ebay.

Hear lower console works fine. Local guy has wrecked auto so should be able to pick up pedals, shifter, possibly 4l60 harness. Have hp tuners so that should make getting it to work much easier.

I have seen a few pics from Calongo on his mods to get it to work. Seems some hacking on the passenger and more on the drivers side.
Now here is the deal. Local guy has 4l80e from 2003 truck 2wd. Truck was in a fire so not 100% sure if the trans will be damaged by that?? Might be able to get some sort of guarantee from him that could get refund if tranny is fried. I don't want to do a rebuild on it right now .Would likely buy a nice built 4l80e next season and use this as core, resell it whatever. I am not sure of a couple of things.

What is one of these worth used..Is 400 to mabye 500 not bad price if its not fried from the fire. Think he said some of the wiring was cooked but would be replacing the harness anyway right?

And what years work..his is 2003 but might look at wreckers for one if this one don't work out. And does it matter if it came from 2wd or 4 wd car.
I am still a bit confused on yoke..and if the tailshaft is a problem from 2wd drive or 4wd or what. Can someone clarify this stuff a bit more for me. And would appreciate any more pics of the mods you have to do to the 4l80e to get it to go in there particularly if you have the same aps kit I do.

My car is going to be totally apart shortly anyway it might be the time to do the 4l80e but if not then its going to happen next season 100% for sure. Autos are the best for turbo cars in my opinion.