Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

NEED HELP with Vortech V-9 rebuild please

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default NEED HELP with Vortech V-9 rebuild please

I finally have everything to be able to complete the rebuild and am having problems with the seller of the bearing kit!

Hopefully someone who has rebuilt one of these or has some bearing/seal numbers and a place to order them would be very handy right now.

Ok so I ordered a rebuild kit off of Ebay and I had pulled the bearings off of the impellar shaft and pressed new ones on. When I got home to put it all back together I noticed the seller sent me the wrong bearing.

Here is pictures of what I am talking about: (the impellar shaft is upside down in the pictures but both bearings are the same size so neither one would fill the gap around the bearing)

I also noticed when he sent me the rebuild kit that the impellar shaft oil seal is not spring loaded like the one that came factory on the V-9 as seen here:

The seller already told me that supposedly there are 2 versions of the seal and the one he sent me will work but I wanted to double check with you guys first.

Ok so in a nutshell where can I get the bigger bearing thats needed for the impellar shaft and will the oil seal thats NOT spring loaded work with no problems?

I really appreciate any help with this and I just wish I could order the bearing I need and not bother dealing with this seller.