Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

EWP: yes, no?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 04:15 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EWP: yes, no?

Having actually gotten to go to the track a couple times this summer, I'm having a hard time keeping the car as cool as I'd like. It seems like even after a 30-40 minute cool down by the time I'm in the burnout box I'm at 180 and around 190-200 at the line, and this was during the cool night hours. I had an EWP but it was bad, so I put a stocker on it. I was out cruising this weekend in alot of stop and go traffic and the car was still running 200-210, which is not terrible but it was like 70 degrees and I had both fans on. I wasn't even beating on it either. I already have a Fluidyne radiator, ATI fan plus spal 9" puller, etc. Will the EWP really help alot on those slow cruises? I know its great for the track being able to cool the car between rounds.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have one on my street Ls1. it's the w319 and flows 55gpm. since it sounds like you race, you might want to look at the race EWP Mezeire offers. it flows 35gpm. mine runs great, even with the 180 stat, she runs a constant 172°, even though the dummy temp guage shows just to the left (210°)...

i have not had any issues so far, but it only been on for a month and maybe 3-4 total hrs of driving...
Old 09-30-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are couple of high flow ls1 non electric water pump options now.Seen one for cheap on ebay for like 150 and edlebrock has new non electric high flow. Some water wetter from redline can actually help a bit too. slp of cours has that fan override switch to turn them on at any time. I am a bit paranoid personally of electric water pumps. When they have a problem its usually on/off type of thing. At least mechanical usually give some warning and let you get home sometimes.

Quick Reply: EWP: yes, no?