Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

24x conversion running TPI with LS1 returnless system at 58psi

Old 07-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TPI running ls1 24x conversion & LS1 single fuel line to fuel rails at 58psi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2 with a 383 (aluminum Motown block, AFR 195 Competition ported heads, 74219 Lingenfelter cam, ported Superram, etc.) which will most likely be backed by a Tremec TKO 600 five speed transmission, 8.8 ford 3:23 rear with Maximum Motorsports torque arm etc.).

I want to use http://www.eficonnection.com/24x/default.htm the EFI CONNECTION 24x system with the 12200411 PCM and the 58mm Drive by wire throttle body.

1) I have modified my gas tank to accept the 99-02 LS1 Camaro fuel module. I was originally plannng to gut the internal regulator and run a standard return line back from the fuel rails. Could I keep the internal regulator and convert the sytem to a LS1 single fuel line at the fuel rails and operate the injectors at 58 psi? Can ACCEL 30lb(at 43.5)) tpi style injectors be run continuously at 58psi? I was thinking I could eliminate the rail mounted regulator by replacing it with the same crossover tube that is used at the front of the tpi fuel rails. It has been mentioned that the LS1 returnless system all use fuel pulsation dampers on the fuel rails. I have found a few sources for these and don't see any reason they could not be added to the factory tpi rails. The only drawback I can think of using this system would be the loss of fuel cooling effect inherent in a return system.

Last edited by monzaaddict; 07-08-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you want to run this setup for TPI at 58psi? The injectors could certianly handle it the tuning on the other hand...The stock setup really is not a returnless it is just not a pressure head it has a short return to control pressure and dumps the extra back to the tank and feeds the rails with one line. Not the best setup. Give me a call I will help setup a system for your needs.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is never going to have more than 500 rwhp. It is intended to be mainly street driven and reliable. I want my car to look as if it could have been factory built. I don't want a fabricated gas tank, external pump or braided fuel line. I want to keep my factory gas tank. The LS1 Camaro fuel pump module seems like a well engineered piece that is easily adapted to my tank, looks stock, is reliable, runs quiet and eliminates the need for baffling. With a racetronix pump and wiring should more than fill my fueling needs.

I will be using LS1 electronics to control a TPI based small block. EFILIVE software allows the injector flow rate to be set as a constant or a sloping value. I don't have any objection to running the return to the fuel rails with the adjustable pressure regulator. It seems to me the LS1 electronics and EFILIVE software have advanced far enough that tuning could be done with software eliminating the need for the adjustable regulator. I admittedly don't have any experience using the tuning software but just looking at the options. Why would one fuel system be more difficult to tune than the other?

If a single line to the fuel rails and 58 psi works for an LS1 why wouldn't it work for a TPI motor controlled by LS1 electronics.

What benefit would I have by gutting the pump mounted regulator, running the return to the fuel rails and keeping the regulator also at the fuel rails.

What is the negative to having the regulator at the pump and a deadhead line to the fuel rail.

Last edited by monzaaddict; 07-08-2009 at 12:55 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 24x conversion running TPI with LS1 returnless system at 58psi