Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Regulator vacuum reference on N/A motor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regulator vacuum reference on N/A motor?

I've got an aeromotive regulator on my 98 Corvette return style fuel system. Just curious as I'm not very sure, do I need to provide a vacuum reference to to FPR? And if so where is the best place to get it from. The air bridge like the stock regulator or from the manifold?

And should the idle pressure be set to 59psi with the vacuum attached so that at full throttle the fuel pressure increases slightly? Or do I even need a reference since this isn't a boosted application? BTW injector charts have been updated for the 42lb lucas injectors, but no other fueling tuning has been done in the PCM. As I'm typing this I'm thinking if I didn't provide a reference that the added fuel under WOT would be addressed in the tune with the PE multiplier correct?

Somebody please school me on what the correct setup is for an N/A application with return fuel setup as I have searched ad nauseum and haven't found any concrete info regarding this...
Old 09-10-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

if you dont use the vacuum then you will need to change your ifr table. instead of a steady pressure across the board your values will rise.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:43 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by sroach20
if you dont use the vacuum then you will need to change your ifr table. instead of a steady pressure across the board your values will rise.
Ok, that makes sense. But when I updated the IFR charts I added 14 accross the board for the larger 42lb/hr injectors. So 42 - 28 = +14 right? And if my memory is correct, the table was scaled up stock.

So what you're saying is that if I wanted to do a vacuum or boost reference I would have the line hooked up to the regulator and the IFR charts would be static across the board, in effect leaving the added fueling entirely up to the regulator?

So basically if my IFR table is scaled up like they are stock, then I shouldn't need to mess with an intake reference of any sort?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

you need to use the injector spreadsheet http://www.marcintology.com/tuning/injectors.xls.
you dont need to add a vacuum reference since the 97-98s weren't vacuum referenced. ive been thinking of adding a vacuum reference even though im not boosted:
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...cuum+regulator
Old 09-11-2009, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

What is the tube that runs from the stock regulator to the air bridge for?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brakemotive
What is the tube that runs from the stock regulator to the air bridge for?
i must be wrong, i read on hptuners that they didnt have the vacuum reference.