Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

bad regulator or pump?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad regulator or pump?

Well this is a Bosch 044 external pump and an aeromotive regulator if im not mistaken.

On the dyno the pressure would rise along with boost (1:1 refrenced), start at 59PSI goes up to about 68PSI and then falls of about 10PSI (falls BY this amount not to this pressure)

Funny thing is, the BAP didnt seem to do a thing, and the pump along with a BAP should have been good to about 900RWHP if im not mistaken.

How do I know if its the pump or regulator.

Ill check for some other things as well, clogged fuel filter, tight radius bends on the fuel lines, but cant think of anything else.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Do have a check valve on the factory fuel line? Your car has oem regulators in the tank and will bleed off pressure to maintain the factory setting of around 58-60psi. This will cause the problem you descibe when boost refrencing.
Also, a single bosch pump+bap to support 900rwhp doesn't seem possible, at least safely. What size injectors do you have?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:45 AM
FormerVendor

Ya no way a single Bosch can make 900rwhp sounds like the reg. is functioning till the pump runs out of volume. There are better pumps for your application give me a call I can help you spec out what you need.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by STAR
Do have a check valve on the factory fuel line? Your car has oem regulators in the tank and will bleed off pressure to maintain the factory setting of around 58-60psi. This will cause the problem you descibe when boost refrencing.
Also, a single bosch pump+bap to support 900rwhp doesn't seem possible, at least safely. What size injectors do you have?
Yup I definitely have that on otherwise pressure wont go above 58, on my car pressure would almost goto 70but thats when it starts falling. Injectors are 60's.

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Ya no way a single Bosch can make 900rwhp sounds like the reg. is functioning till the pump runs out of volume. There are better pumps for your application give me a call I can help you spec out what you need.
Can you provide me with a single pump that would be good for 750-800rwhp? I just need a pump, as everything else doesnt "seem" to be causing the issue, but ill check. If you do have a suggestion, send me a PM, as I need this quite urgently