Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel issue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel issue?

I asked this in another thread, i think it was in the wrong area. so here it is again.

I just got a 98 LS1 M6 and have noticed that sometimes, and I mean like, maybe 3 or 4 times a week, when i go to first gear from a stop (usually after starting it) and start to pull out, the engine will lose power, I have to push in the clutch and feather the gas, sometimes I can keep it running, sometimes I can't. Sometimes, even if i feather the gas, feels like nothings happening and all of a sudden after about 2-5 seconds it will smooth out, respond to the feathering (rev up) and operate normally.

I'm thinking it seems like it's not getting fuel but is getting air and is leaning out? Fuel pump?

It has a full tank of gas, just put in some fuel system cleaner. I run 93 premium. Runs and drives fine otherwise, plenty of power, no smoke.

was suggested to check the fuel pressure and fuel filter. I would imagine if it was the fuel filter it would peter out as i went up in rpm, it doesn't, pulls all the way to 6k. What should the fuel pressure normally read? if the pump is going out, but still working it would read lower than normal correct?

thanks!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:04 PM
FormerVendor

You have to monitor fuel pressure when it is happening. Should be steady 58psi+-2
Old 11-04-2009, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

I guess i'll have to run a guage to the cockpit, thanks!