Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pump Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exclamation Fuel Pump Problems

Ok so a few weeks ago i was driving my T/A and all of a sudden it sputters and dies, at the time i was on my way to a gas station because i knew i was low but not that low. Well it wouldn't restart and i couldn't hear the fuel pump so i got it towed home. I was sure it was the pump and i didnt have money for a new 255lph so i thought id wait since its going to be stored soon anyways. Well today it was really nice so i went out and took a look at it, checked the fuel pump fuse that wasnt blown a few weeks ago and it was blow, so i replaced it and i turned the key heard the pump turn on, cycled it a few times and it fired up. Ran good for 15secs, then slowly sputtered and died, now i dont hear the pump.

Car in sig.

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by _Adrenaline_
Ok so a few weeks ago i was driving my T/A and all of a sudden it sputters and dies, at the time i was on my way to a gas station because i knew i was low but not that low. Well it wouldn't restart and i couldn't hear the fuel pump so i got it towed home. I was sure it was the pump and i didnt have money for a new 255lph so i thought id wait since its going to be stored soon anyways. Well today it was really nice so i went out and took a look at it, checked the fuel pump fuse that wasnt blown a few weeks ago and it was blow, so i replaced it and i turned the key heard the pump turn on, cycled it a few times and it fired up. Ran good for 15secs, then slowly sputtered and died, now i dont hear the pump.

Car in sig.

Thanks.
ok did you check the fuse for the fuel pump again after the vehicle stop running?

if it is blown again! then you have a problem with the fuel pump circuit!

since a direct short to a ground/load would cause the fuel pump fuse to pop as soon as you installed it, it most likely not the issue, sounds like your fuel pump is faulty and pulling high amprage and casusing the circuit to overload and pop the fuel pump fuse.

based on your very limited info... i would look the fuel pump.

we need more "detailed" info.
check the fuse again, let us know.
when/ "if" the vehicle is running again try to get a fuel pressure reading.
i would recommend you also check power, gound, line resistance, line amprage, from battery to the fuel pump.
you'll need a good known battery to test power 12.6 +/- .2 volts, ground etc..., trash in = trash out.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by camcamaro1991
ok did you check the fuse for the fuel pump again after the vehicle stop running?

if it is blown again! then you have a problem with the fuel pump circuit!

since a direct short to a ground/load would cause the fuel pump fuse to pop as soon as you installed it, it most likely not the issue, sounds like your fuel pump is faulty and pulling high amprage and casusing the circuit to overload and pop the fuel pump fuse.

based on your very limited info... i would look the fuel pump.

we need more "detailed" info.
check the fuse again, let us know.
when/ "if" the vehicle is running again try to get a fuel pressure reading.
i would recommend you also check power, gound, line resistance, line amprage, from battery to the fuel pump.
you'll need a good known battery to test power 12.6 +/- .2 volts, ground etc..., trash in = trash out.

Yep checked it and it was fine, it dosnt want to start anymore, swapped relays. Im going to be putting in a pump its just i wanted to drive it for the last few nice days up here.