Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help!

Having a starting problem with the 99; the other day I went to start it and it wouldn't start. I disconnected the neg battery cable and it started right up. Drove it home and it sat for a few days. Went to start it yesterday and it wouldn't start. Pulled the neg and it still wouldn't start. Pulled the pos and it started right up. Turned it off; waited a few minutes and it started again; drove it out to a shop to get some paint work done; drove fine. Now the painter has the car prepped and needs to pull it into the paint bay. Won't start and won't even after removing battery cables and trying again. The only thing that I've used on the PCM lately is obe of those Accutron models that removes the code from the pcm (I had a false 1-2 shift solenoid that kept tripping the CEL).

Any ideas? The car is an hour away so there's not much I can do tonight. I'm going to buy a fuel pressure gauge tomorrow and check the fuel pressure. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated...
Old 05-13-2010, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Update

My painter connected a fuel pressure gauge to the rail and when he turn the key to check the pressure the car started, so he was able to get the car into the spray booth. He said the pressure looked fine.
So looks like the car will get painted tonight. Who knows if it will start again tho.

Could the PCM be taking a crap? Any other electrical gremlins that could be causing this?