Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

OMG!!! WTF is wrong with these tanks?????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG!!! WTF is wrong with these tanks?????????

I just got done replacing the fuel tank in my 98 z because it was leaking horribly around the gas cap. So I got a good used one out of a junk yard. Got it put in tonight and guess what. Yep, its still F$&king leaking!!!! I'm so pissed off right now I can barely see straight. What the hell is the problem here? I don't see any physical damage to the tank. The cap was purchased new from Chevrolet about 8 months ago. This one isn't leaking as bad as the other one but its still leaking a substantial amount. Enough to soak the side of the car in gas. Please please please, if you have ever had this problem, tell me what you did to solve it. This is driving me insane. Not to mention draining my wallet. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Launching!

Anybody? Do you think it could be the gas cap? Its just crazy because its a brand new one.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

Make sure the vent is not plugged and did you replace the hose from the cap to tank with a different or new one?

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without
Old 05-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Launching!

The filler neck is one piece. Which hose is the vent hose? There's only about 4000 hoses under there. A bunch of black plastic ones. One goes to a little box and electric motor thing.