Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Cell?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Cell?

I got a Fuel Cell for my 05 Pontiac GTO and its not a Sump Tank Fuel Cell but I got it cheap and brand new. The question is will it still work with out having a Sump Tank Fuel Cell??? Just trying to make sure because Im about to drill holes for the return line in the fuel cell. Dont want to drill the hole if this is not a good Fuel Cell to run.

Mods:

Motor: Stock Motor, Custom T66mm Turbo with 233/239 595. 602. LSA112 (Changing cam soon)

Fuel: 22gal Fuel Cell, Mallory 110 Fuel Pump, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, Aeromotive Reg, Lucas 75lbs Injectors (going to run E-85)

Thanks for the help
Old 10-13-2010, 10:58 AM
FormerVendor

How does it pull fuel for the pump? How does it prevent fuel slosh on launch or turns? To properly feed pumps you need a sump of some sort to keep them fully supplied with fuel. The power on E85 you will need a very large volume of fuel and the more before the pump the less chance of issues like cavitation, over heat, pressure drops.... Feel free to give me a call I can help you make sure you get it properly setup the first time.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Will its like a Circle Track Fuel Cell. The Fitting is on the top of the tank and there is a Fuel Line that runs to the bottom of the Fuel Cell and its got foam inside the Fuel Cell. I was thinking if its a circle track Fuel Cell can do well on corners and it should be fine for launching.

Nasty N8 do you think I need to get a Sump Fuel Cell???
Old 10-14-2010, 11:50 AM
FormerVendor

Pulling fuel up and out is not a good idea and most pumps can not do it properly. The foam is a good thing and will help with launch but not the same thing as a sump and bottom feed to keep a line full of fuel. A proper sump and large feed line will keep a pump supplied with fuel at all times with out any cavitation or over heating.

We offer a direct fit Aluminum Race Tank for the GTO with proper sump for the stock location, filled with factory filler neck and gauge function.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:50 AM
FormerVendor

Pulling fuel up and out is not a good idea and most pumps can not do it properly. The foam is a good thing and will help with launch but not the same thing as a sump and bottom feed to keep a line full of fuel. A proper sump and large feed line will keep a pump supplied with fuel at all times with out any cavitation or over heating.

We offer a direct fit Aluminum Race Tank for the GTO with proper sump for the stock location, filled with factory filler neck and gauge function.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Teching In

I got the Sump Tank Fuel Cell now. Now its the dam wiring part lol

WHat do I need to wire the Fuel Pump up??? I ordered 40 amp Relay from Summit. Some ppl tell me I need a hobb switch to??? If someone could tell me what else I need.

Quick Reply: Fuel Cell?