Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

have twin walbros, now I need to upgrade lines/rails/regulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default have twin walbros, now I need to upgrade lines/rails/regulator

So I have lonnies twin pumper kit installed, works great with my current setup of about 550rwhp. This is connected to the factory lines and rails with 60lb injectors.
However in the near future I am going to by putting in the forged bottom end and pulleying down the D1sc for about 750-800rwhp. It seems like I will new supply/return lines and a boost-referenced fuel pressure regulator, probably new rails as well.
What are my pre-packaged options? Lonnie sells all the above but it costs $1000+$150 for teflon line upgrade. Fuel rails alone with installation are $240 at speed inc, aeromotive 13110 fpr $290. Would it be relatively easy to piece together the lines and npt fittings to save some money or is there something I am missing?
Old 01-16-2011, 06:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Piecing a kit together is not a big deal. Finding good quality components is.

I try to sell kits with the best quality components, but they are not the cheapest.
I do not cut corners on fuel system components as leaks/failures can be deadly.
I use only o-ring style connections, no NPT rail fittings in my kits.

For comparison, I tossed a few parts together on Summit Racings website & came up with between $900 & $1100 using their commonly available braided rubber lines & misc parts. I'm sure the components I use would be more if available on their site.

Last edited by Lonnies Performance; 01-16-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would definetly believe the quality part, the twin pumper system was definitely top notch. I guess I am just amazed the lines/regulator/rails are so costly.