Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need help with FPR

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with FPR

My 98 z28 has been blowing out O ring after O ring from the regulator housing. The housing itself is deforming into more of an oval shape and then the o ring blows out the same place at the top of the oval every single time. Anyone else had an issue like this, or have a suggestion? I've been thinking about trying to find some 97-99 corvette rails with the rail mounted FPR but I'm on a tight budget so I'm not sure when it'll be before I could pick up a set.
Thanks in advance, Chris
Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Teching In

So nobody's had a similar issue, or has any suggestions on the cheapest way to switch to a rail mounted FPR. Car's stock for the moment but will be getting h/c/i in a few months.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 98's do seem to have problems with this.

Early Vette rails are getting increasingly hard to find as they have been discontinued for quite a while.

I can set you up with a complete fuel system, but it would be way overkill for your power level.

As an alternate, I could build up a regulator/line assembly to replace the return line from the filter to tank if interested. This would eliminate the intank regulator. A full return system would be better but it depends on what you want to spend.

Give me a call if you want to discuss.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
The 98's do seem to have problems with this.

Early Vette rails are getting increasingly hard to find as they have been discontinued for quite a while.

I can set you up with a complete fuel system, but it would be way overkill for your power level.

As an alternate, I could build up a regulator/line assembly to replace the return line from the filter to tank if interested. This would eliminate the intank regulator. A full return system would be better but it depends on what you want to spend.

Give me a call if you want to discuss.
I'm on a rather shoestring budget, could you simply recommend a regulator suitable for placement on a return line? I can put together my own lines, but I don't have any experience with aftermarket fuel systems.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SlonomaZ28
I'm on a rather shoestring budget, could you simply recommend a regulator suitable for placement on a return line? I can put together my own lines, but I don't have any experience with aftermarket fuel systems.
For a fuel injection system, select a pressure gauge that is referenced to manifold vacuum and reads to 100 psi.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Why are the 98 hard on fprs mine has ate 4 of them what about getting a sending unit out of 2000 will it solve my problem. dstephenson78@gmail.com plz help
Old 01-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Launching!

i am having the same problem in my 98 T/A