Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Do I need my injectors cleaned out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Do I need my injectors cleaned out?

My car seems like it's missing some power. It's a 01 Ws6 M6 and when I take off in first and WOT at 2000rpm my tires don't break loose sometimes and it feels like theirs a really small hesitation. Second feels kind of weak too. Also when revved up real slow through the rpms i've been told it sounds like theres an injector knock cause theres kind of a putter noise. The only thing that confuses me is my car idles perfectly and never feels like its not getting enough fuel or going to die. My friends car needed the injectors cleaned once and it would die when he put it in drive and didn't give it gas (his is car was auto though). What do you guys think? thanks. Btw the car only has 47k miles but sat for a long time before I got a hold of it.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

bump!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

do yo have any sort of data logger? how are your spark plugs? how are your spark plug wires?

this whole injector cleaning **** is over rated. Get some one to log the car with a data logger (hptuners or efi live) and see what appears to be happening. Injector knock...maybe how about missing or knock retard.
have you checked your oxygen sensors are working right.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

No I haven't had any checked actually . But I just found another problem and I'm gonna post it in the internal engine section since I'm not really getting any replies here. I found yellowish milky stuff in my oil today. Came up on the dipstick, was definitly not normal looking maybe coolant.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Default yellowish milky stuff

it could just be condensation in your oil. if you frequently take short trips and dont get your engine hot enough it can build up.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

could be what he is saying, could also be a blown/worn out head gasket. do investigate. I highly doubt it is your injectors. fuel usually keeps things pretty clean. you can usually take your intake off and see the clear path around everything else where the fuel sprays.

I also am a believer in sea foam. used regularly.