Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Ethanol 10%

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ethanol 10%

So I was looking in a magazine and there was an ad for a fuel treatment to eliminate the ethanol . Has any one used it ? Does it improve MPG 's ? Has any one lost MPG 's because of the 10% ethanol ?

Last edited by jaysan; 04-10-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

snake oil just like the rest of crap out there.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

E10 is a nightmare for the equipment, marine and powersports guys, this is what it does to marine fuel line.....

Moisture is the biggest problem, when it hits .05% the water and alcohol combine and fall out of solution, this is known as phase separation, the highly corrosive combination of water and alcohol will destroy tanks, carbs, and any thing rubber. Once this occurs the only solution is to drain and flush the fuel system.

I have a carb that had the float bowl eaten through and was dumping fuel onto the intake manifold, luckily the engine wouldn't start, a boat engine covered in fuel makes for a bad weekend...

There are additives out there that work, and prevent the separation, star-tron is one of them that works as advertised (hard to believe with all the claims made but I've seen it in person, and have lots of customers that have too)

more info here: http://www.lcbamarketing.com/phase_s...hanol_blen.htm
Attached Thumbnails Ethanol 10%-fuellinel.jpg  

Last edited by Krom; 04-10-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by jaysan
So I was looking in a magazine and there was an ad for a fuel treatment to eliminate the ethanol . Has any one used it ? Does it improve MPG 's ? Has any one lost MPG 's because of the 10% ethanol ?
Are you talking about Sta-bil for ethanol? It won't eliminate the ethanol in the gas, but it should help reduce the bad things that happen when ethanol laden gas is left sitting in a tank for long periods of time.