Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Granatelli 255 fuel pump install problems...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 02:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Granatelli 255 fuel pump install problems...

Has anyone ever installed the Granatelli/Walbro 255 in tank fuel pump before? If so I could really use some help here. The unit I have is very different from the OEM one and conveniently the instructions are for the pre 99 pumps without the bucket. The wiring harness supplied doesn’t match either. I think I can manage to splice a couple wires if need be if that were all there was to it but its not. It seems that this pump will not work correctly with the bucket style to me so anyone with experience with this please help me out.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Pics of what you have will help.

Moving to fueling........
Old 08-12-2011, 04:07 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry for the lack of description and wrong placement with the post. What I have is the same bs that everyone has that was duped into getting the piece of crap excuse for a plug and play fuel pump. I did a ton of internet digging and found that the walbro isn’t like the oem pump that can refill the bucket itself. This is why it is stressed to never let the tank go under ¼ with this pump. To combat this you can drill holes in the bucket so it basically fills itself. Oh and I also had to rig up a way to get the walbro to fit snug I the rubber housing since its much thinner than the oem unit. And of course I had to spice the wires since the harness didn’t match. This whole thing was a huge pita! I do not recommend this pump to anyone! Do yourself a favor and get the “real” plug and play racetronix one. If I wasn’t on a very low budget and didn’t already have this pump laying around I would have went ahead and got the racetronix one anyway and ate the money I spent on the pos granatelli one. Lets just hope this thing hold up for a while now…
Old 08-12-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, that's why it pay's to purchase the pump from the vendors who support these forums. The pump may be a little more expensive, but the pump they offer is a correct,direct, replacement for the specific application.

Last edited by Ollie8974; 08-12-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ollie8974
Yes, that's why it pay's to purchase the pump from the vendors who support these forums. The pump may be a little more expensive, but the pump they offer is a correct,direct, replacement for the specific application.
I couldn’t agree more! I bought this pump years ago when I actually had a different car than the one I have now. If I were to buy one now I would most def go another rout. It seems to be working ok now but well see how it holds up in the long run.

Quick Reply: Granatelli 255 fuel pump install problems...