Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS9 injector spray pattern on Cathedral heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS9 injector spray pattern on Cathedral heads

I just bought some LS9 injectors for my LS2 based stroker going in my GTO. I know the LS9 injectors spray at a different angle due to the way they sit in the ZR1 intake. It looks like they sit vertical but still have the lean towards the front and back?

If that info is correct do you think I can make some brackets to tilt the injectors more vertical to get a better spray angle for the cathedral heads? Or would I have to tilt them outwards? I have made some custom brackets before so that is not a problem. I'm worried that with the port shape on the FAST 102 if I tilt them too far I would just hit intake ceiling or something.

I know it's a shot in the dark but I figured I would try. My setup will be with a FAST 102 and FAST fuel rails.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone? Upon thinking a bit more I might have to push the injectors more towards the valve covers and not vertical. Pushing them down towards the covers will push the injector cone up which would normally spray the intake port ceiling. But with the angled spray pattern it would actually fire "straight" to the intake valve.

There is also a line on the spray orifice going the same direction on all of the injectors. I wonder if that is the spray direction of the cone.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you ever find anymore information on this?
I have a set of these I plan to use on my LS2 w/ FAST 102
Sorry to dig up an old thread
Thanks for any input in advance.

Quick Reply: LS9 injector spray pattern on Cathedral heads