Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Where to pull fuel for nitrous from

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to pull fuel for nitrous from

I'm putting a new fuel system together, and I'm trying to figure out where the best place to pull fuel for my nitrous kit. I will only be running a single stage nitrous kit spraying between 100-150. The fuel system is is setup like this:

10AN Feed Line -> 10AN to Dual 8AN Y-Fitting -> Dual 8AN Lines to Fuel Rails -> Dual 8AN Lines out of Rails to Single Regulator -> 8AN Return Line

I was thinking after the rails and before the regulator, but I'm afraid if I pull from one side it would create an imbalance between the two rails. Is this true? Would it be better to pull from the the 10AN Feed Line right before the Y-Fitting?
Old 01-19-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hooked up as you mentioned would create a slight imbalance, but you should still be fine. Think of a stock manifold with the port after the regulator and one rail before the crossover tube. Most people remove the schrader valve and hook up the line to the fuel solenoid on most systems and it works. From my experience with this, I did have that bank slightly leaner, but that may have been in part to poor tuning.