Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

2000 Z28 Fuel pump

Old 06-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Z28 Fuel pump

Just checking a few things, I'm 99% sure my fuel pump is bad I had to have the car towed home tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to test the fuel pressure.

Looking at it I think I'm going to cut the access hole and order a Walbro or alike pump.

Is there anything specifically I should avoid? I read about TRE replacement pumps and I'm thinking about going with it. Has a warranty and is a lot quieter from what I read. Any recommendations guys?

Finally what would you guys rate the difficulty / time of install. This is my only vehicle and I'm having to hitch rides until I order and get my pump. Any other tips / precautions would be appreciated, I'm reading everything I can to get prepared to do this.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the Racetronix, it is a direct fit & retains the venturi components in the fuel bucket.

I have them in stock, give me a call if I can help.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not try to save a couple bucks with a cheap fuel pump like you are talking about doing. Also, it is best practice to drop the tank and flush/clean it before install of a new pump. You could have a bunch of crud in your tank that led to the failure of your old pump, and if you just stick a new pump in...it will fail shortly as well. This increases the time/difficulty of the repair...but if you do it right the first time, you won't have to do it again for a long time, if ever.
If your car is stock, you should buy a full pump module assembly instead of just a pump alone swap.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You didn't ask, but: I did it the hard way on my 2002. Took about 8 hours, but I removed it one day, hunted parts and put it back the next. Mine split the soda straw hose. Then I broke the tiny hose for the jet.

Al

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Z28 Fuel pump