Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Confused with non returnless

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused with non returnless

So I'm suddenly confused about this 75% through my build and I need to buy a fuel pump. I'm pretty set on a walbro 450. Don't really want 2 in tanks. Just confused about the regulator...it's in the tank right? Lookin for the simplest way to do this without problems. Don't want to run lines an different rails yet. Thanks for the help
Old 08-14-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

non returnless?

the regulator is in the tank, all you need to do is change the pump out.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only problems you might run into are the size of the pump & being able to fit in a 99-02 stlye bucket, if that's what you're using.. The other thing would be the stock regulator itself keeping the bigger pump in check.. Ive heard a couple people having problems running the smaller Aeromotive 340 pump & having to high of fuel psi because the stock reg cant control it.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As stated, the stock regulator might have a hard time dealing with the extra volume from the pump. With a standard Racetronix system, the stock regulator will yield about 62 psi at the rails at idle...under load it drops down to 58-ish like it should. An even bigger pump will probably exacerbate this issue, but you won't know unless you try it.

If you start the car and the fuel pressure goes way up at idle, it's likely the stock regulator causing the issue. Due to the cost of running a full return-by-the-rails regulator, I'd make sure it was an issue that couldn't be dealt with some other way, like through tuning.

Quick Reply: Confused with non returnless