Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

EVAP delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EVAP delete

I just put in a 6.2L in my T/A. While doing so, the EVAP was deleted and capped off. After 500 miles or so, I went to fill the tank up and I was unable to get any gas into the tank. Come to find out, the vapors had no way of escaping the tank and built up so much pressure that it wouldn't allow any gas to come in. Once the pressure was relieved, the tank filled just fine, however, no resolution has been done.

The ones who did the EVAP have done numerous LSx engines/cars this way, but mine not allowing the gas to enter is the first time they've run across this problem.

What's the solution?

I was told simply opening the gas lid will allow the pressure to dissipate, but I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

Last edited by DANSBIRD; 01-30-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

There should still be a line coming off the tank/filler neck somewhere, unless it was capped, this is where you will vent it. Otherwise, a vented cap.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WildRidez
There should still be a line coming off the tank/filler neck somewhere, unless it was capped, this is where you will vent it. Otherwise, a vented cap.
Where would I find a vented cap? Is that something an auto parts store would have or find one online?

Quick Reply: EVAP delete