Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this a good hobbs switch?

Your choice of:
2-24Psi (dual barb)
15-60psi (single 1/8npt male port)
10 to 1" Hg vacuum (single 1/8npt male port)

This is a brand new Boost Pressure switch with 3/16" hose barb fittings. Very small at only 2x1x1". High quality teflon diaphragm, 10amp SPDT (single pole double throw) normally open and normally closed contacts. Similar to Hobbs but more flexible and easy to install.

There are 3 electrical connections to the device. One is common. One is N/O (normally open). The other is N/C (normally closed). Use .187" female quick connects to attach wires to the switch.

Need to activate your water injection, staged timing retard, boost alarm, boost indicator, etc? Connect to common and N/O. Above the set pressure, it will latch contacts across N/O and COM to activate a device. Need to turn of a device once set pressure point is reached, such as nitrous? This is perfect for spooling up your turbo with nitrous, then shutting it off once the turbo is spooled. Pressure is adjustable from the small allen screw on top of the switch. We will preset the switch to the psi you require for $1 extra. Just mention it when making payment.

This switch is manufacturer rated to "switch" in the 2-24psi range! It is virtually identical to another switch sold elsewhere for much more $. If you place these side by side, they both function identically, except for the price!

The 15-50psi switches are available in our store listing for those that need a higher range switch. The 15-50 range switch has a single 1/8NPT male port design.

Note that switches have a maximum 100psi rating.

Your cart is empty.
Attached Thumbnails Is this a good hobbs switch?-switch3.jpg  
Old 09-16-2009, 12:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's not a hobbs switch, it's a pressure switch. Hobbs is a particular type of pressure switch.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well almost the same thing...... Will it work? Looks pretty cool and i'm going to try it out on my new setup. Just wondering if it's a pos or not.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

although old, i was wondering this myself as a temp fix to my POS AEM controller that refues to work even when properly hooked up. thing sucks. I saw this one and was wondering if this could work in its place until i get a snow performance stage 2 kit

Quick Reply: Is this a good hobbs switch?