Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Bank 2 Running Lean

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bank 2 Running Lean

This has been an ongoing problem, and I still have not figured out why bank 2 is running lean.

Summary up until last night
- fuel pressure is logged on scanner. Acceptable
- Replaced plug wires
- Stock injectors at 100% duty, swapped in new 42# marine from FiveO, running stock injector files with voltage offset provided by Five0, and 42# rate
- Started swapping coils from bank 1 to bank 2, looked like maybe I had a couple that were questionable, but never narrowed it down to exactly which ones. Found set of D585 coils on 2005 suburban and swapped those in yesterday and started logging data to adjust VE tables.

Attached graph is bank 1 wide band, bank 2 wide band vs rpm. I deleted all the data hits with 0 ETC pedal position. The point where the data is widest apart is also the region with the obvious problem on the road test. Why would bank 1 and bank 2 swap over at higher rpm's? Both exhaust dump out on the drivers side of the jeep to avoid the transfer case on the passenger side. It's wide open 3" exhaust so there is not much restriction. Could the location of the O2's on the shorter Bank 1 cause an error at higher RPM. I would think this would be a low RPM issue.

Photos are of the plugs 2 > 8 left to right. #4 and #6 are lighter in color, with #2 having some stain on the insulator

Old 05-20-2013, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I would swap O2's and see if the problem follows. If it doesn't then all I can think of is an exhaust leak or faulty wires.

Quick Reply: Bank 2 Running Lean