Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Bosch #42 Injector Differences

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bosch #42 Injector Differences

I am looking to upgrade my injectors to 42 pound Bosch injectors for use on my LS1 buildup.

There appears to be differences between the Bosch injectors that can be found on vendor sites along with Ebay: pricing is substantially different also.

For example:

Site 1 sells Bosch 42 pound injectors using a 4 bar rating with a white color to them. When I asked why the injectors were white instead of green, I was told the green injectors are rated at 50 pounds.

Site 2 sells Bosch 42 pound injectors using a 3 bar rating that are green or also known as the "green giant" injectors rated at 42 pounds.

The sites selling the "green giant" Bosch connectors are also stating the injector can produce even more flow at a higher psi. If my thinking is correct, this would lead me to believe the 3 bar injectors are also able to perform at a 4 bar setting.

Can someone please explain what in the flippindixie the differences are between these two injectors: my brain hurts and is about to explode.The difference in pricing is great enough to warrant substantial research on the matter.

Cheers!

Q
Old 06-30-2013, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do the white injectors have either of these two numbers on them?

P\N 0280155811

P\N as 24508208
Old 06-30-2013, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the numbers because the sites list their product code..

Q

Quick Reply: Bosch #42 Injector Differences