Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

is this normal

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default is this normal

Ok so I installed a mild cam in the lq4 (see signature) and sent the computer off for reflash after words it starts and runs fine but a quick stab of throttle it hesitates and sometimes backfires through intake. So I talk to toner we decide its fuel or mass air issue. So I re do the intake plumbing to best set up. The bog quits but still sometimes it backfires through intake. Witch is usually an indication of running lean. So before I send the computer back I figure ill check the fuel pressure. I have a gauge right on the crossover where the shrader valve was . I'm seeing about 55 psi at idle stab it and it goes to 60. But if you ease into it and hold it around 2000 rpm falls to 45-50 psi. To me it fluctuates a lot its very noticable by the needle. I'm thinking of swapping in a walbro. I'm running a camaro tank with a silverado pump assembly. 3/8 steel on feed and return. But it bottles down to 5/16 stock return at fuel rail. Using stock lq4 regulator at fuel rail as well. Any suggestions or comments?

Quick Reply: is this normal