Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressure Adjustment Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Fuel Pressure Adjustment Question

In the process of going from 60lb injectors, boost referenced FPR, with return style fuel system, one bosch 340LPH and KB BAP to 80lb injectors, boost referenced FPR, with return style fuel system and two stealth 340LPH and KB BAP.

My question is do I simply make the fuel changes to HPT going from 60lbs to 80lbs or do I make adjustments to my FPR and change the injector scaling?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

"My question is do I simply make the fuel changes to HPT going from 60lbs to 80lbs or do I make adjustments to my FPR and change the injector scaling?"
The new pump setup may call for resetting the fp. [Check it]. Base should remain the same. [If the old and new injs are rated at the same psi.]
The tune will have to have the new inj constants, etc, entered.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:24 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That makes sense. I will check to see if the base FP has changed and reset as necessary. I will also adjust the injector scaling.

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
"My question is do I simply make the fuel changes to HPT going from 60lbs to 80lbs or do I make adjustments to my FPR and change the injector scaling?"
The new pump setup may call for resetting the fp. [Check it]. Base should remain the same. [If the old and new injs are rated at the same psi.]
The tune will have to have the new inj constants, etc, entered.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Adjustment Question