Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

boost a pump ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost a pump ??

For the ones running a boostapump or experince witht them.
I have one currently installed on my car now, my fuel pressure jumps around from 73psi-65psi and I notice a big diffrence in performance. If I let my car sit and cool down for a hour between runs the fuel psi is 72psi-73psi and it performs better running down the track but if I do back to back runs it goes to 67psi-65psi and slows down. but I noticed leaving the track that after I ran down the road a couple miles that at the track my psi was 67psi and after a couple miles it came up to 70-71psi. Im trying to track down the problem but woundering if any one else has noticed,experienced this same problem and already figured it out. Thanks
Old 05-20-2014, 06:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

What are you using to trigger the Boost a pump??
Old 05-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently nothing, I didnt wire it up. I have nitrous on the car is why I have the pump. Its a kenny bell, it is wired to my regulator and then their are 2 wires on the pump that are tied in together, from what I have read that is for it to stay on all the time? Any ideas?Do we have a vaccum switch on these cars? I looked around on line a little last night trying to figure that out but came up empty. I'm thinking that we dont...
Old 05-20-2014, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/A...boostapump.htm

looks like a vac switch is used. I'd think that you could also use a psi sw in the nos fuel system, so that when the nos hits, the fuel psi triggers the BaP.

As far as what you have now: I'd call KB and ask.

Quick Reply: boost a pump ??