Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

2001 fuel pump

Old 06-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 fuel pump

Just put a motor in my friends 01 z28, the car had the engine trans and wiring harness out of the car when he bought it. Went to start it and there is no fuel prime, and the pump will not run at all when cranking, the fuel level gauge also dosent read at all with 8 gallons in the tank. I checked the connector at the rear wheel well and it was hooked up, fuse and relay under hood were installed and I swapped them to double check. Is there any other relays, fuses, or connectors I'm not seeing? Also I don't have a wiring book so any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check to make sure the plugs that go to the top of the tank are corrected? If it is I would go down the entire harness that goes to the rear and make sure there's nothing lose.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Teching In

sounds like a bad fuel pump. if the car has been sitting a while any old gas isnt good for the fuel pumps. and it sounds like the fuel sensor for the level is no good. Take fuel pump out of tank and run a ground and a hot wire to pump to see if it will come on,if not its bad.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Teching In

I swapped the PCM with one of my own, bumped the key and it fired. Swapped it back to his and sure enough wouldn't run. Not sure why it was causing it to act like that but it's fixed now. Thanks for all the suggestions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 fuel pump