Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pump Not Priming

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 06:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Fuel Pump Not Priming

Ok so I am stuck, car drove fine the other night, next day went to start it and it just cranks no fuel pumps prime. Vats were tuned out. No fuses are blown, I took two wires and jumped the fuel pump relay and I could hear the relay on my racetronix hotwire kit click but still no prime. I have power on the Hotwire inline fuse but no power at the connector going into the tank. I'm stumped
Old 09-22-2014, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you mean the pump won't prime or the pump doesn't run at all?
Old 09-23-2014, 08:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

pump doesnt do anything currently, I am looking at a possible ground issue hoping that is the problem.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you think that is it, you should be able to test for voltage where the positive wire goes into the tank and use the chassis as a ground with your meter. Then test for ohms between the ground wire and the chassis and it should be close to zero. If you have no power at the hot wire, you have no power..and a ground shouldn't change that. Make sure you have your relays oriented correctly. I am unfamiliar with the Racetronix setup but relays connect certain legs to provide power and just because it clicks doesn't necessarily mean that it is connecting the correct wires together or that it is working correctly internally.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Not Priming