Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Suggestions on Venting a Race Fuel Cell?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Suggestions on Venting a Race Fuel Cell?

Here is an easy question for some of you fuel experts.. I am installing a custom fuel system for my new motor. I installed a 3 gallon sheet metal fuel cell, it has 2 10AN feed lines on bottom and 2 6an return lines on top. Any recommendations on using one of the return fittings as a vent? I don't want to create a vacuum in the tank right? I will need to vent it out?

Thanks,
Lee
Old 05-24-2004, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FEAR THE LS1
Here is an easy question for some of you fuel experts.. I am installing a custom fuel system for my new motor. I installed a 3 gallon sheet metal fuel cell, it has 2 10AN feed lines on bottom and 2 6an return lines on top. Any recommendations on using one of the return fittings as a vent? I don't want to create a vacuum in the tank right? I will need to vent it out?

Thanks,
Lee
You're using one of those return fittings for a return line, yes?
I've only seen imploded tanks from malfunctioning evap systems. I don't believe a fuel pump will create vacuum. On the other hand, the cell will need some sort of vent since gas vapors like to expand with heat. You'll need a check valve or some type of one way valve in case ( god forbid ) you end up side down.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I am using one of the #6 fittings on top of the tank as a return. The tank has 2 feed fittings on bottom and 2 return fittings on top.

Do you or anyone else recommend a particular part# for this application?

Here is one item I found so far:
JAZ Roll Over Vent Valve

JAZ roll over vent valve allows air to replace the diminishing fuel level and it acts as a check valve to prevent fuel from spilling out of the cell in case your vehicle is ever upside down.

#547-834-006-11 -06AN Roll Over Vent Valve
Old 05-24-2004, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FEAR THE LS1
Yes I am using one of the #6 fittings on top of the tank as a return. The tank has 2 feed fittings on bottom and 2 return fittings on top.

Do you or anyone else recommend a particular part# for this application?

Here is one item I found so far:
JAZ Roll Over Vent Valve

JAZ roll over vent valve allows air to replace the diminishing fuel level and it acts as a check valve to prevent fuel from spilling out of the cell in case your vehicle is ever upside down.

#547-834-006-11 -06AN Roll Over Vent Valve
Sounds like that JAZ unit is what you're looking for. There might be a similar unit from the same company that manufactures your fuel cell.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on Venting a Race Fuel Cell?