Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel System Cleaners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel System Cleaners?

I have used fuel system/ injector cleaners on my cars for some time. I have read mixed opinions on the effectiveness of using them. I have heard that modern gasoline has enough detergents to keep engines clean. I have also read that tests by major motor companies, brought on by customers complaining about clogged systems, have revealed that gasoline is not quite as clean as they claim! What is the general opinion around here? Good...bad...makes no difference? Thanks.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

I heard a guy at autozone say that he won't use any stp products in any of his cars- he was talking to a guy getting the fuel cleaner stuff- I've been wondering the same thing myself about those things.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lrk322
I heard a guy at autozone say that he won't use any stp products in any of his cars- he was talking to a guy getting the fuel cleaner stuff- I've been wondering the same thing myself about those things.
Never listen to a worker at Autozone.

Redline makes a great Fuel System/Injector Cleaner. You can now get it at Autozone and Advance Auto Parts
Old 05-29-2004, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

for the most part autozone guys dont know what the hell they are talking about, but the last time i went in to buy some injector cleaner, one of the guys told me about something they sell that is strong enough to get the carbon off your o2 sensors!?! normally i wouldnt have paid any attention to this guy but he is a fellow TA owner and i have talked to him before...i just cant remember what the stuff is called...id know if i saw the name of it....what does everyone who uses fuel cleaner use??
Old 05-29-2004, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Our shop uses BG 44 K for a in the tank cleaner and if we have a problem car "ie misfire codes mostly GM v6 cars" we use a motorvac and it cleans them up in minutes. its also good for a normal serviceto. It hooks up to both fuel rails and has its own pump to run the chemical while running the car. the chemical is soapy and noncorrosive so it doesnt hurt anything. It has saved alot of when working on these newer cars.