Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

HELP injector trouble!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP injector trouble!?!?!?

Ok I have 2000 formula with 66K miles I just did a VRX5 cam, and PRC heads. Also upgraded the fuel pump to a racetronix kit with Hotwire kit. Also got some Ford green top 42# injectors. So tuner came over to the shop to get things going with the car. Fire the car up and no matter the adjustments made in the tune the car never seemed to run right. (I have a wide band installed in the car and my tuner used another to tune with.). My wide band and his were always at least 2 point off. So we put the stock injectors back in and both my wide band and his read the same. Car also seemed to run much better. So he made a few adjustment to get the car where it could be drove down the road at least so I could take it to his shop once I got different injectors in.

So I ordered Bosch 42# injectors from Texas speed.

Fast forward to this evening. Installed the new injectors, made adjustments in the tune and fired it up. Same exact issue as we had with the other injectors. My wide band was read at least 2 points higher than his and no matter what adjustments were made in the tune it was the same. So we put the stock injectors back in and both my wide band and his were reading the same and the car was running ok again.

Surly I didn't get two new sets of bad injectors. Does anyone have any idea what else it might could be besides another set of bad injectors? I'm lost on what to do. I can't just keep buying new injectors... Please help!
Old 04-30-2015, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What brand widebands? What sensors are being used? Have they been calibrated if capable? Where are they installed? Have the ground offsets been verified?
Old 05-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is an AEM. Not sure what his is. I dont think it was an error with the wide bands. They read the same with the stock injectors in, and the car never would run right with the other injectors regardless of the changes made in the tune.

Quick Reply: HELP injector trouble!?!?!?