Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Building a Holley EFI Dominator setup!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a Holley EFI Dominator setup!

Hello guys! I'm new to the Holley EFI stuff, but from what I've seen I don't think I can go wrong with it. It also seems a lot better route than running the OEM E38 GM computers. I'm building a 1987 Buick Grand National with an '08 LY6, 4L80E, LS9 cam & S480 T4 turbo. The fuel system will be one of the Racetronix in tank double pump kit (E85/Gasoline), with -8 feed & -6 return, and most likely Deka 120 injectors. I'm not familiar with everything I've pieced together form the Holley site so was hoping you guys that are familiar with it can look at what I'm planning to order and see if this is all I need. If I'm missing anything, please feel free to critique as needed. I'm not set on the Deka 120s, but they look to be about $125 less than the Holleys, and I'll be running the truck manifold with Drive-By-Cable, unless someone has a good reason to run the DBW setup. I'll have to go through storage and find the DBW pedal, but I'm sure I have it somewhere. The DBW TB is on my intake, so I do have that.

Holley parts list:
Dominator EFI ECU #554-114

LS2 Main Harness #558-103

LSx Injector Harness - For EV6 Style Injectors #558-201

GM 4L60/80E Transmission Harness #558-405

If anyone has any vendors that can do a better price than the Holley site, I'm interested as well. I have an email sent to Martin at Tick so i should hear back from him in the next day or so.

Also, if anyone has suggests on good vendors for fuel lines & fittings, I'm interested to hear those as well.

I appreciate your time and any help given!
Old 07-31-2015, 07:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

" I'll be running the truck manifold with Drive-By-Cable, unless someone has a good reason to run the DBW setup. I'll have to go through storage and find the DBW pedal, but I'm sure I have it somewhere. The DBW TB is on my intake, so I do have that."

Which is it, DBC or DBW that U R going to use?
Different harness requirements...
Old 07-31-2015, 08:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by toyin
Hello guys! I'm new to the Holley EFI stuff, but from what I've seen I don't think I can go wrong with it. It also seems a lot better route than running the OEM E38 GM computers. I'm building a 1987 Buick Grand National with an '08 LY6, 4L80E, LS9 cam & S480 T4 turbo. The fuel system will be one of the Racetronix in tank double pump kit (E85/Gasoline), with -8 feed & -6 return, and most likely Deka 120 injectors. I'm not familiar with everything I've pieced together form the Holley site so was hoping you guys that are familiar with it can look at what I'm planning to order and see if this is all I need. If I'm missing anything, please feel free to critique as needed. I'm not set on the Deka 120s, but they look to be about $125 less than the Holleys, and I'll be running the truck manifold with Drive-By-Cable, unless someone has a good reason to run the DBW setup. I'll have to go through storage and find the DBW pedal, but I'm sure I have it somewhere. The DBW TB is on my intake, so I do have that.

Holley parts list:

If anyone has any vendors that can do a better price than the Holley site, I'm interested as well. I have an email sent to Martin at Tick so i should hear back from him in the next day or so.

Also, if anyone has suggests on good vendors for fuel lines & fittings, I'm interested to hear those as well.

I appreciate your time and any help given!
I contacted 6-7 different vendors and ended up buying all of my stuff from Blake at 417 Motorsports. He had the best pricing. DMH & Son Performance also had very good pricing.

You will need the components as you listed:

Other components you will need:
Main Power Harness #558-308.
If you run the DBW, you will need the J3 harness.
A Wideband: Either Bosch or NTK #554-100.
A MAP sensor depending how much boost. Probably 3-bar: #554-107.
(2) Boost Control Solenoids: #557-200.
Pressure transducers: Depending what you want to datalog or have for other gauges. 100PSI Sensor: #554-102. I use Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, and Dome Pressure.

You could run cheaper components listed above for the MAP sensor, solenoids, and pressure transducers. Some people have luck running non-Holley stuff and others don't.

You also need to get an idea of how many inputs and outputs you will have. This will get you an idea of what you need for harness for these.

The J1A/B harness has 4 inputs and 4 outputs. #558-400.

If you need more, you will need J2A (inputs) and J2B (output) harnesses. If you only have a couple of additional inputs or outputs, I would highly recommend just buying the components and building you own harnesses. These harnesses come with the plug and a bunch of random loose wires with terminals. You are paying a premium for the wires with the terminals on them. The Holley Forum website has all of the components to build your own.

This should get you a little closer.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
" I'll be running the truck manifold with Drive-By-Cable, unless someone has a good reason to run the DBW setup. I'll have to go through storage and find the DBW pedal, but I'm sure I have it somewhere. The DBW TB is on my intake, so I do have that."

Which is it, DBC or DBW that U R going to use?
Different harness requirements...
I was looking to see what guys are using and what they liked better. I have the DBW in my silverado and honestly don't like the feel of it. I know there are different harness needed depending on what TB i went with was just hoping to get some other feedback was all.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the input Only Ero's it's very much appreciated! I have added all the extra part numbers to the list! Thanks for providing them it will help a lot!

Quick Reply: Building a Holley EFI Dominator setup!