Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

help me with my fueling setup!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default help me with my fueling setup!

so i currently have lonnies dual walbro 255 kit in my 00 ss and also -8an fast fuel rails. i believe im going to be making over 700 rwhp so im going to upgrade the lines and put a boost referenced regulator in. the reason im not going to buy the line kit from lonnie or nate is becuase i already have the rails and all the fittings i need from previous builds so i just need to buy the hoses, regulator and filter.

i am planning to use the russell push on efi fitting part number 644123 which is a3/8 to -6an for the return and russell 644133 which is 3/8 -8an for the feed.

i have been reading some people do -8an for return as well. should i do this?

as for the boost referenced regulator i have no idea which i should get. im not going to mount it on the rail. im going to mount it on the wheel well. ive been reading good things about aermotive and fuel lab so im leaning to one of those. can anyone recommend me one with part number for my setup and line size.

for the filter im going to be going with what ever brand i decide with the regulator. 10 microns or 25 microns? if someone can recommend me a part number also that would be helpful.

lastly if someone has a diagram on how to route the lines from the rails, regulator, where to put filter etc that would be great.

also do i just disconnect the factory regulator in tank? ive also heard keep the factory evap stock.

thanks for all the advice.. first time im going big lines and running regulator etc so im a noob coming to this.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bump... Can anyone help me out??
Old 12-12-2015, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SStressin
so i currently have lonnies dual walbro 255 kit in my 00 ss and also -8an fast fuel rails. i believe im going to be making over 700 rwhp so im going to upgrade the lines and put a boost referenced regulator in. the reason im not going to buy the line kit from lonnie or nate is becuase i already have the rails and all the fittings i need from previous builds so i just need to buy the hoses, regulator and filter.

i am planning to use the russell push on efi fitting part number 644123 which is a3/8 to -6an for the return and russell 644133 which is 3/8 -8an for the feed.

i have been reading some people do -8an for return as well. should i do this?

as for the boost referenced regulator i have no idea which i should get. im not going to mount it on the rail. im going to mount it on the wheel well. ive been reading good things about aermotive and fuel lab so im leaning to one of those. can anyone recommend me one with part number for my setup and line size.

for the filter im going to be going with what ever brand i decide with the regulator. 10 microns or 25 microns? if someone can recommend me a part number also that would be helpful.

lastly if someone has a diagram on how to route the lines from the rails, regulator, where to put filter etc that would be great.

also do i just disconnect the factory regulator in tank? ive also heard keep the factory evap stock.

thanks for all the advice.. first time im going big lines and running regulator etc so im a noob coming to this.
It'll save you money to use your current feed line as a return. A -8/feed and 3/8 aka -6 return will be fine. I'm partial to fuel lab parts. I've had good luck with them. You should be able to call them and get the correct part numbers for what you need/want. I'm not doing that research for you.

Put the filter before the regulator. Make sure you have a prefilter before your pumps.

Yes you'll disconnect the in tank regulator.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically what I did is modify stock bucket to accept a -8AN fitting.

It feeds to a Fuelab's filter at the stock filter spot, Y's off to each rail from the back. The front, -6AN lines to the FPR. -6AN to 3/8s EFI fitting to the stock feed line from FPR.

I removed stock filter from the loop and added fuel line (-8AN with clamps) in to bridge the original feed line together. Have not ran into issues with this set up yet.

Hope the illustration helps.

Old 12-12-2015, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JordanRN
Basically what I did is modify stock bucket to accept a -8AN fitting.

It feeds to a Fuelab's filter at the stock filter spot, Y's off to each rail from the back. The front, -6AN lines to the FPR. -6AN to 3/8s EFI fitting to the stock feed line from FPR.

I removed stock filter from the loop and added fuel line (-8AN with clamps) in to bridge the original feed line together. Have not ran into issues with this set up yet.

Hope the illustration helps.

Thanks that is a big help! As for the factory evap. Did you just leave that stock and connected it to the fuel bucket?
Old 12-14-2015, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not, I have it removed for now. It'll be nothing to add it back though.

Quick Reply: help me with my fueling setup!