Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Difference in injector pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Difference in injector pricing?

So I've been browsing the Parts Classifieds and I see some pretty big variations in fuel injectors. Sometimes you see some that are the same lb/hr but one set will be 100$ while the others are hundreds more. I've been looking to get some more understanding on if the lb/hr is the same, what makes one set of injectors better than another? What is the benefit of flow matching? Siemens Deka seem especially expensive compared to some of the others I see on there.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I wouldn't get $100 injectors at that rate unless they are OEM.

A good set runs in the $300+ range with the better ones being upwards of $800. Yes flow rate is flow rate, but some are better than others in terms of longevity. Flow matching is key as you don't want different injectors flowing different amount of fuel as you can only control the injectors together not individually.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The injectors being flow matched is key, and your tuner will likely need that information (I just went through this personally)

Also it seems the prices vary for LS1 style, LS2 style, and LS3 style. Each are different heights and my require spacers depending on the application.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more question. Is there a such thing as too much injector? For example, my car currently has 36# injectors. Would moving up to 55# or more be detrimental to things such as fuel economy? Basically I'm wondering if you lose fuel efficiency simply by going to larger injectors.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Whisper
One more question. Is there a such thing as too much injector? For example, my car currently has 36# injectors. Would moving up to 55# or more be detrimental to things such as fuel economy? Basically I'm wondering if you lose fuel efficiency simply by going to larger injectors.
Yes there is such a thing as too much injector, but not in your case.

Regardless if you have 36# or 55# injectors, the amount of fuel you command at each point in time will be the same. It's just that the first set will stay open a bit longer than the second set because they deliver less fuel per any given amount of time so they need to shoot for longer.

Now if you get say 300# injectors on a stockish engine, that will be too much because such large injectors cannot spray a small enough shot that your mild engine needs. So at that point you will have too much injector and your fuel mileage will suffer.

Quick Reply: Difference in injector pricing?