Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

racetronix upgrade ???

Old 03-20-2016, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default racetronix upgrade ???

Ok so I upgraded my cam at the same time I upgraded injectors to fic 42# and a racetronix fuel pump with hot wire kit. I got my mail order tune back and all seems well but my fuel psi gauge is now reading 65+ psi. I guess it could be the gauge but it read 58 before. It's the stock lq4 regulator on the rail. Should I be worried? It actually seems to run leaner now than before . No poping or anything. No strong fuel smell like before. Could be the cheap eBay gauge I suppose. What do y'all think?
Old 03-22-2016, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default teh answer

This is for the next fellow witht this question. After a racetronix upgrade it is typical to see 62-64 psi at idle. According to Lonnies performance when you load the engine it will fall to 60. The added flow of the new pump increases the psi. I believe the factory fuel module return line adds to this because it is restricted inside. With that said talking to the tuner I learned that it won't hurt anything because the computer will sense if you are rich and can pull up to 50% of the fuel. Hence why it seems to run fine. The good part is you have extra if you need it like for n2o.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lonnie told me the same.

the racetronix pump is not a stock pump so you wont see stock pressure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: racetronix upgrade ???