Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Start up issues/fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Start up issues/fuel pressure

Im ready to test fire my new turbo build. I converted to a boost refrenced return style regulator, aftermarket fuel rails, and a walbro 465 pump. Im only getting 6# of fuel pressure or so cranking or during initial key on. Reg is a magnafuel 9925b rated at 35-85#. I havent tied in my caspers hotwire yet, could that be the issue?
Old 04-28-2016, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Using stock feed and the evap as a return.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

So i installed the hot wire, nothing to account for. So i pulled the pump to where i could see whats going on. When i cycle the key a ton of fuel pours out the port where the stock regulator used to be. I assume thats the obvious problem but from what ive read you pull the clip and toss the reg when going return style. Did i miss something?
Old 04-28-2016, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

So digging further theres a y block directly after the fuel filter that serves as the return to the factory reg in the bucket. I f plugged that it would force all the fuel through the rails and then the reg and back down the evap line. But ive never seen any mention of doing away with that line even though it makes sense to me. Whats keeping my fuel from hitting the regulator then taking the path of least resistance back through the factory return line at the y block.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, got it. Just needed to plug that return line. Fired up and idles smooth on first hit with a 465 walbro and 80# dekas. Now if my scavenge pump ever shows up i can start converting to e85.

Quick Reply: Start up issues/fuel pressure