Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Vortec Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Vortec Injectors

Hi Guys, I'm deep into my 5.3LS swap in my 1985 S10. I bought a 2003 Suburban and am going to use everything possible in this truck for my build. I stripped every part and every harness and as much wire as possible and plan to use as much as I can so it runs the way it did before the swap. I am going to use the truck intake and injectors for good low end torque, but when I bought it I didn't know it was flex-fuel, the emblem was not there on the rear door. The injectors are different along with the injector connectors. I know the PCM fuel map must be changed anyway but wonder if the flex-fuel injectors ( they have a higher flow rate and operate at a lower pressure) are desirable or worth the effort. I already have a Corvette pressure regulator/ filter that operates at 58 psi and have only have one fuel line going to the fuel rail. My question is should I just change the fuel rail with a after market type and use the flex-fuel injectors and harness or find a later model Vortec that operates on gas only and use the injectors and change the connectors ( I still need a returnless fuel rail ). Any input would be deeply appreciated.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Just use the complete intake/rails/flex injectors and retune for the increase in fuel pressure.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi JoeNova, thanks for the reply. I think I am going to use the intake and injectors and only replace the fuel rail and make it returnless.

Quick Reply: Vortec Injectors