Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel pressure problems need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 07:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pressure problems need help

I tried doing a search and couldn't find anything that really helped if i missed something I apologize but the problem I am having is I recently went from a ls1 to a lq4 and while tuning for the new 6.0 my tuner noticed that my engine wasn't taking fuel when added to it (wasn't getting the fuel) so hooked up a pressure gauge and at idle all I had was 55psi at WOT it dropped to 48psi it was a Walboro 255 pump but at his advice since any pump can go bad I switched to a racetronix pump installed still the same problem only 55psi at idle and at wot drops below 50psi, I don't thing the engine change had anything to do with the problem I had just had the LS1 tuned for a long time and never noticed any issues with it just going to the new 6.0 stumbled upon this. Any help would be great I thought it might have been the regulator but from what I've been told the regulator either works or it doesn't either has too much or none when bad. thanks
Old 09-17-2016, 11:41 PM
Teching In

anyone? I'm seriously lost
Old 09-18-2016, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

When I initially took my car for a dyno tune it was losing fuel pressure at WOT. At idle it was good. At first i thought it was just the pump so I bought and had the tuners shop install a racetronix 255 but it would still lose pressure. For me it ended up being a bad fuel pressure regulator. It's built into the bucket so I just went ahead and bought a delphi oem fuel pump assembly and my problems went away.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

That's a very small drop, in no way should it be posing an actual problem to the running or tuning of the engine.

Quick Reply: fuel pressure problems need help