Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Racetronix upgrade?

I've had the standard racetronix pump with the relay and direct wire for about 4 years now, I really like it, nice and quiet and no problems. However I'm looking at possibly needing more fuel, bought a 7875 turbo . I'll get it set up and running at low boost levels (5-7 PSI) and shake it down with the current racetronix setup. But at some point I'm sure I'll want to turn the boost up.

The racetronix unit uses a walbro 255 as I understand it? within its housing. Is there a drop in replacement for walbro 255 that is the same size and flows more? I was thinking maybe something like the DW 300 might be a drop in replacement into the Racetronix aluminum housing? Does this make sense, does anyone know if the is a 340 lph drop in that's the same size as the current pump in the racetronix? If there is why doesn't ractronix sell this bigger version?

If not it looks like I'd be going the Lonnie's double pumper route.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat as you Scotty, got the Racetronix kit for are 98 camaros's with all the add on's for it they offer. My problem is same as yours, looking to make more power and need a bigger pump… basically a dual setup.
I really want to add a second pump with the Racetronix unit and run a seperate relay, fuse, modify the sender for the second pump etc. Basically do the MightyMouse Sticky.

My question is also will the pumps fit side by side through the fuel tank opening and are we limited to running the racetronix 255 with say a walbro 255 or a 340 with the racetronix 255 etc.

I looked at the loonies double pumper for are year camaro also…pricey if all we need to do is modify what we have to work with the bigger pumper or basically run duals and fab up what we need like mighty mouse did in the sticky.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Aeromotive Stealth 340 is a drop in pump..
Old 10-07-2016, 02:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Majestic9C1
Aeromotive Stealth 340 is a drop in pump..
Our RXP340 series pumps are the same as the AM Stealth pumps and neither are a drop-in replacement.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 10-07-2016, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Our RXP340 series pumps are the same as the AM Stealth pumps and neither are a drop-in replacement.
So how was I able to drop in my 340 in a new Delphi module, hook up the wires and drop it in the tank??

nevermind you guys are talking about the 98 model year with the old school metal contraption
Old 10-07-2016, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well what would Racetronix recommend, do you have a solution for me? I have your fuel lines, rails etc. The FLK-F98 kit, and your 255 lph, in tank pump, with your wiring harness. All Racetronix!!.

I need more fuel, do you have a solution for me? I would think that the lines can easily plenty of fuel, the wire should carry all the current for any reasonable pump, I just need more pump! Inside that pretty red casing in my tank, I believe there is a walbro 255? Can i just put a new higher capacity pump in there, is there any one that will fit without having to fab something up?
Old 10-08-2016, 02:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottyBG
Well what would Racetronix recommend, do you have a solution for me? I have your fuel lines, rails etc. The FLK-F98 kit, and your 255 lph, in tank pump, with your wiring harness. All Racetronix!!.

I need more fuel, do you have a solution for me? I would think that the lines can easily plenty of fuel, the wire should carry all the current for any reasonable pump, I just need more pump! Inside that pretty red casing in my tank, I believe there is a walbro 255? Can i just put a new higher capacity pump in there, is there any one that will fit without having to fab something up?
Please contact our sales dept with the details of your requirements.
Someone will get back to you early next week when we re-open. Tnx.
http://racetronix.com/contact/

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 10-23-2016, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm curious which pump you went with?
Old 10-24-2016, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Right now I'm planning on going with a pair of RXP340s. They sell a kit which couples them together. It is the DPA680. It comes with a coupler, and a stainless steel bracket to hold both pumps. My plan is to weld the supplied stainless bracket to the metal stick on the fuel assembly, having the bottom of the pumps align vertically where the bottom of the single pump is currently. I'll probably have to cut off the lower portion of the L section that is there, with the single hole in it. and it will be replaced by the lower L section of the new bracket, with the 2 holes in it. I may have to offset it slightly away from the float so it doesn't interfere with it.

My only concern is I'm planning on eventually running E85, and it does say reduced life expectancy with E85. That doesn't say don't use them with E85 though, and I found a build in a GM high performance magazine using them for E85. If they were to last 5 years with E85, that would be long enough for me.

It looks like a much cleaner install than the DIY twin pump thing using the walbro 255s, and costs about the same. I won't really need to buy anything else, I can put my current plastic hose over the top fitting, and it comes with internal harnesses. In the car ill just run an additional wire for the second pump through a relay, triggered by the same trigger as the first pump. I plan on running them both on all the time with the key, as I have an aftermarket regulator and -6 return line which should handle the volume without trouble.

Last edited by ScottyBG; 10-24-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Check this out:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...fuel-caps.html

Quick Reply: Racetronix upgrade?