Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

which pump ??

Old 10-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which pump ??

Hello again..excuse if this is a dumbass question! Ive done a fair bit of reading,but.....
Ive put an LS2 into my 72 Riviera and need to make up the fuel supply..Is there a pump I can use in line from the original tank to feed the Corvette Wix regulator / filter.The LS runs 500hp
I was going to use the Bosch 044 but after doing some research I got a little confused as some were saying I need to run a second pump before the 044 (ie to feed the 044)
Can anyone clarify??
Thanks again John , Liverpool England
Old 10-05-2016, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Aeromotive A1000... go big or go home lol
Old 10-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Walbro 255 external. They're $100 or so with A/N fittings and work perfect with the corvette regulator.

The A1000 is one of the worst pumps out there.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jackzx10
Hello again..excuse if this is a dumbass question! Ive done a fair bit of reading,but.....
Ive put an LS2 into my 72 Riviera and need to make up the fuel supply..Is there a pump I can use in line from the original tank to feed the Corvette Wix regulator / filter.The LS runs 500hp
I was going to use the Bosch 044 but after doing some research I got a little confused as some were saying I need to run a second pump before the 044 (ie to feed the 044)
Can anyone clarify??
Thanks again John , Liverpool England
No regular EFI pump likes to suck. So if you are using an 044 or similar, ensure it has a good, clean, gravity supply of fuel. And ensure the tank is designed that it always has fuel...ie no surge issues when cornering.

You will also need to add a regulator of some sort....exactly how you do this will partly depend on what ecu you are running and whether you need to retain OEM pressure or not.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which pump

So if I use a walbro or Bosch how far from the tank could I fit it So could I say run a Carter 70 gph pump ( because I have one ) near the tank to feed the injection pump ?? Or just the Walbro ?? Thanks again
Old 10-07-2016, 05:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

If you were to use a 70 or 100gph Carter to feed the EFI pump, then you could pretty much mount it anywhere.

But it still wouldnt get around the possibility of fuel surge from a non EFI designed tank. So either you'd need to run with plenty of fuel in the tank, or use one of the many solutions.

eg swirl tank of some description to give the EFI pump a small reservoir of fuel.

Or take a risk and see if it presents itself as a problem.

This is a fairly neat and compact solution though. Nuke, Radium and others do make designs where you could use a commonly used Walbro inside a small tank too but those tanks tend to be larger.

https://store.034motorsport.com/full...fuel-pump.html

http://shop.nukeperformance.com/fuel...ss-341-gst-450

http://www.performancebyie.com/ie-su...let-surge-tank

Something along those lines should give a pretty solid fuel supply to the engine under almost all circumstances without having to do much to your original tank ( it will still need a return line though )

And you will still need a pressure regulator etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: which pump ??