Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Replace injector O-rings 58k??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replace injector O-rings 58k??

Hi guys, I have a 2001 LS1 and I just did the knock sensors, my fuel injectors were running fine and not leaking, and I had to pull off the injectors to take off the intake as it was a PITA to get the intake off with the auto trans dipstick tube in the way. The seals look fine and they are supposed to last the life of the car. I'd like to just do like the factory says - put oil on them and put them back in the manifold and be done with it. With my mileage and condition of the seals does it pay to just pop the injectors in with and leave the O-rings alone?
Old 10-10-2016, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd just reuse the ones you have, I've pulled many apart and never had them leak after putting them back together. You shouldn't take the fuel rails or injectors off when removing the intake in the future. Just loosen the bolt on the back of the head holding the dipstick to allow it to move a little. Many of us have had our intake manifolds off 100s of times. It's about a 5-10 minute job once you have done it enough. At least you didn't break the map sensor .
Old 10-10-2016, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks! Yes i'm glad I didn't break the map sensor, but I see some movement in that round piece that the map sensor fits into, the round piece in the actual manifold - I was thinking of RTV'ing it. i'm not worried that it's going to come out, I'm just hoping it doesn't have any vacuum leak.

Another question I have is can I reach the bolt on the back of the head just jacking up the car and getting under there with the ratchet? Is it easy to reach from the bottom because I have a hard time reaching anything from the top! I assume the dipstick tube rotates towards the passenger side once you remove the bolt. Also, if I put the injectors in prior to the manifold installation Will that be tougher for me to avoid the oil pressure sensor due to the fuel injector interference, or should I just try to reinstall them after I put the manifold in?

Quick Reply: Replace injector O-rings 58k??