Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

What Would Be A Good E85 Pump To Run

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Would Be A Good E85 Pump To Run

i have a 2002 trans am it has a small cam, long tube headers and a tune. im thinking about converting to e85. i was wondering wat would be a good e85 fuel pump and brand would be good?
Old 01-31-2017, 10:46 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Walbro 450... you'll have to hack up your bucket. And the pressure regulator will probably be overwhelmed. But the 450 was designed for E85 and would flow enough for whatever you want until you get into FI.

Also I'd swap your fuel lines to PTFE so they are not destroyed by the ethanol.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree that the Walbro 450 would be best, but there are several other options out there that can be used that fit better, in the 340 lph variety. You wont have to hack up your bucket, but there is a trade off. These were not designed to be E85 pumps though, and will have reduced life on E85. The some vendors are stating they can be used with E85 though. AEM, Deatschwerks, etc. They are however easier to package because they don't have the bell on the bottom. Other vendors are selling basically the same 340 lph pump and are not recommending it for E85 though. Most of these pumps, although they have many different names on them are all coming from the same couple manufacturers, but are made to slightly different specifications as requested by the company who's name is on the pump.

Quick Reply: What Would Be A Good E85 Pump To Run