Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

In tank pump question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In tank pump question

Can I fit a in tank pump in this tank? Possibly through the sending unit, I can't seem to find anything so I figured I'd give all you guys a shot
Attached Thumbnails In tank pump question-photo291.jpg   In tank pump question-photo864.jpg  
Old 03-09-2017, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure you could put an in tank pump, or a pair of in tank pumps in that cell, it is big enough to fit them. You will need to fabricate a bracket to hold it in a stable position within the tank, and some plumbing to attach to the outlet of the pump to get it to a fitting coming out of the tank. Normally you come out the top of the tank with an in tank pump, but this is not necessary.

You will also need a way to get electrical power to the pump inside in a safe manner, like mount a bulkhead connector on the top of the outside of the tank, to connect your intank wiring harness for the pump to. Something like this would be a complete wiring solution.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...WS-001&eq=&Tp=
Old 03-09-2017, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

I was looking to not have to do any fabrication to the tank but I do appreciate the reply
Old 03-11-2017, 11:43 PM
FormerVendor

Default No fab

No fab work will make it difficult. Something has to be modified to locate, secure the pump and the fuel supply etc.

One option that should not too much fab work is to make an adapter ring that allows an entire OEM fuel pump module assembly to be installed in the tank. Depending on the height of your tank you may want to use a truck, Camaro or Corvette module.

Originally Posted by ls72nova
I was looking to not have to do any fabrication to the tank but I do appreciate the reply
Old 03-23-2017, 05:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

As above. Without some fab work it will be difficult to get a good setup

And the tank would need some sort of internal collector to try and retain fuel around the pump pickup if/when fuel level drops.

That said...just exactly how much fuel do you need ? The top plate does look to be a fairly decent size ?
So you certainly have options. But you'd need to pull it apart to see what you can fit.

Quick Reply: In tank pump question